Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Not really all that "upbeat" the last couple of days.  Last Friday night Dad was taken to Abby Gen with a "spontaneous pneumothorax", to me a collapsed lung.  He also had pneumonia in the other.

He just had a second "procedure" this afternoon, late.  Apparently he looks better now.  He looked really bad when he first got there on Friday evening.

However, there is no denying that he is in the final stages.  He has been deteriorating consistently over the last year.  He has been bed-ridden since his arrival at the Cottage.

I know that for both my Mom and myself, his eventual passing will be a "life changing" moment.

Dad never finished school, never had an "upper level" job, always worked with his hands and his back.  But, I would consider him amongst the "successful" crowd.  Well respected, generally liked, had definite beliefs and opinions,  out-lived three entire sets of friends, dis-liked debt (never had a mortgage), and among many other traits, he loved Mom and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free, I can take it!!