Friday, May 23, 2014

Dad has been moved back to the Cottage.  I am afraid that his end is very near.  I am amazed that he has lasted over the last years.

Half his heart is scar tissue, he had a colostomy years ago, his kidneys operate at about 10% of normal, his lungs are nearly useless, his BP is marginal, his appetite is none existent, he hasn't eaten anything apprciable in weeks.   I wear that he is surviving on will power alone.

He has said that he is comfortable and is not in need of anything.  It is still a difficult and awkward situation for me.  I am not used to dealing with this kind of stuff.

I still tend to think of my Dad as a hard-working man, interested in problems, fishing, growing stuff, building and fixing almost anything.  He has had both a difficult and interesting life.  I am privileged to have been a part of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free, I can take it!!